Monday, 1 December 2014

Hair & Beauty Review: Volume Million Lashes Waterproof by L'Oréal Paris




Good afternoon all!

It's been a while since my last beauty post. I'm trying to be good and save some money by using up all the products that I've bought this year before buying anything new. This beauty drought is why, after running out of my regular mascara, I was keen to try something it new.

I have to walk a distance from my car to the office, so I always wear waterproof mascara to avoid any rain-related disasters. I am also a contact lens wearer and find that waterproof mascara prevents panda-eyes on those occasions when my lenses are playing up. 

After checking the beauty aisle at Boots, I decided to try L'Oréal's Volume Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara. It promised a 'Millionizer Brush' specially designed with both long and short bristles to "coat the lashes from root to tip" whilst separating the lashes for a fanned-out effect, along with an anti-clump wiper to help remove excess mascara. L'Oréal describe the mascara as "a formula to achieve maxed up volume with no overload and no clumps".

On trying the mascara, my initial thought was that the brush was not easy to use. It is quite chunky which made it difficult to reach the little lashes on the inner corner of my eyes. 

I applied a first coat which went on fairly well and without too much clumping. My lashes did look long and volumous, however the problem was when I tried to apply a second coat. The mascara started to clump immediately and I had to find an eyelash comb to sort out the clumps quickly before it dried. Not great when I was rushing to get to a party and didn't have time to remove it and reapply!

I will use this product again from time to time, now that it's in my make up bag. However it will be a stand-by product and not something I will be using on a regular basis. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment