Sunday, 28 December 2014

Food & Drink: DIY Gingerbread House Kit

Gingerbread Houses are a tradditional part of Christmas and yet I have never made one before! So, when I found a DIY Gingerbread kit in Morrisons I just could not resist buying it.

The kit cost £4.99 and included the 6 pieces of gingerbread to make the house, a bag of pre-mixed icing and 3 bags of sweets (gummies, large sugar-coated chocolate discs and small sugar-coated chocolate discs).





The instructions on the box are easy to follow. You squish the icing until it has warmed up and softened and then snip the end of the bag to make a piping bag. You then construct the house before decorating it. It is very easy to do and my main problem was simply deciding how to decorate it. I had limited time, so I mostly lazily copied the picture on the front of the box.





I did this very quickly, in about 30 minutes, and I cut the end of the bag a big to large, hence how messy my house is!




I had great fun making this on my own and I think kids and families would get great enjoyment out of it. My work colleagues all bought one to take home to their families over the holiday period and I will now be visiting Morrisons to see if they have any left over for my nieces.

Whilst I used the Morrisons kit, I have seen similar on sale in Tesco and on some other websites, although some at a much higher price. 

A great Christmas idea for the family!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment