Tuesday, 18 November 2014

A Quick Look at Advent Calendars for 2014



The gorgeous Mr GC surprised me with a Yankee Candle advent calendar this week.  It's temporarily out of stock on the official website, however it is currently available elsewhere online. At a cost of £21.99, it's significantly more expensive than a usual chocolate advent calendar, however I definitely appreciate it! I may be one of the only women who has not tried Yankee Candles before. I always stop to smell them when shopping but have not treated myself to one before. Containing 5 or 6 Christmas-themed scents, I cannot wait until 1st December arrives!

Bearing in mind how excited I am about my advent calendar, I thought I would have a quick look around and see what else is available this year.




My favourites (other than my Yankee Candle advent calendar) were Not on The Highstreet's tea advent calendars. There's one from Posttea at a cost of £38 and one from Victoria Mae Designs at a cost of £19.50. I love my tea and I think these are a great idea. I hope that my favourites, Teapigs and Beanies, will consider doing advent calendars next year!

Benefit are doing an AMAZING advent calendar containing 24 mini beauty treats. It can be found on their website or at Debenhams, however at a cost of £60 it's more than I can justify for a pre-Christmas treat. 


Tesco are doing their first ever beauty advent calendar. At a cost of £50, it contains brands such as Nip+Fab, Korres, Katy Perry, Dr LeWinns, Bayliss & Harding and Tanya Burr behind every door.

Masters of Malt are doing unique vodka, tequilla, whiskey, rum and cognac advent calendar, costing between £99.95 to £279.95. These are well beyond my means, however if I ever win the lottery, my dad and husband would love one of these!

Topshop appear to be doing a jewellery advent calendar at a cost of £25.00. According to the write up, it contains 12 pairs of stud earrings, 4 bracelets and 8 necklaces.

The big shops (Asda, Tesco, Toys-R-Us and Argos) all appear to be selling Lego advent calendars containing 7 mini figures and accessories. The cost varies from £14.97 to £20.00.

In looking into this subject, I've barely scratched the surface. I've also come across advent calendars from Bodyshop, Jo Malone, Selfridges, Ciate and Primark amongst others. There really seems to be something for everyone out there.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment