Thursday, 16 October 2014

Hair & Beauty Review: Supergoop CC Cream



For the past 2 weeks I have been using Supergoop's CC Cream on a daily basis, thanks to a couple of 3ml samples from Birchbox. I LOVE this stuff!

The Supergoop website provides the following description:

A silky, all-in-one sun defense formula covers imperfections and corrects uneven skin while targeting the signs of aging. Potent antioxidants and triple protection from UVA, UVB and IRA rays minimize the signs of photoaging and inflammation. This velvety CC cream comes in three self-adjusting shades to suit a variety of skin tones.

What Makes This Goop Super
• 100% mineral UV protection is ideal for sensitive skin types
• Infused with essential fatty acids Omega -3 & Omega-6 to neutralize discolorations and blotchiness, and minimize inflammation
• Brightening apple extract and light-reflecting mica minerals deliver instant luminosity and skin clarity.


Who This is Ideal For
This is ideal for women on the go. It is a simple easy way to combine your skincare and foundation in one!


The samples I received were in shade 'light to medium'. Being a redhead, I am quite pale and covered in darker freckles. As such, I find that a lot of foundations/tinted moisturisers are either too dark or too pale, however this CC cream blends in perfectly and gives me a fantastically healthy glow. I am slightly concerned that as winter sets in and my (slight) summer tan fades, the colour may become too dark, however that's a great excuse to also by the lighter shade and experiment with a bit of blending.

The formula feels light and non-greasy. My fine lines appear well-hidden and I like the SPF protection it provides to my skin. The cream gives my skin a natural look whilst giving great coverage and evening out my skin tone. In addition, a small amount goes a long way. One of the 3ml tubes has lasted me for 2 weeks already. It's a perfect product for me.

The only real downside to this product is the price. Highstreet CC creams will set you back around £10, whereas Supergoop CC cream seems to retail at between £25-£30 in general. The best deal I have found so far is from StrawberryNET where a 47ml tube is priced at £21.50, although they don't currently stock the light to medium shade.

I will be squeezing every last drop out of my sample tubes and I will definitely be re-stocking this. I can honestly say this is my favourite beauty product at the moment and it will almost certainly remain a regular addition to my make up bag.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment