Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Hair & Beauty Review: Daniel Sandler’s Watercolour Fluid Blusher



Afternoon all!

I recently heard about Daniel Sandler’s Watercolour Fluid Blusher. This item appealed to me as I have struggled to find a good blusher. I am currently using Rimmel London Stay Blushed! cheek tint which I really like, but I often fancy trying something new.

I purchased the Watercolour Fluid Blusher in cherub, as reviews suggested this was a good shade for redheads. It cost me a total of £11.50 on sale at Feel Unique (normal cost £14.50).
Being fairly pale, most blushers appear quite obvious on me and I have to be careful to ensure they are properly blended in, rather than a garish strip of colour along my cheekbones. The Watercolour Fluid Blusher is very subtle and adds a natural dewy tone to my cheeks without making it obvious that I have blusher on.
It is VERY watery in consistency and first use left me with the blusher dribbling down my face, so I would recommend experimenting with it. I tend to drop one or two drops onto the apples of my cheeks straight from the bottle and then blend with my fingertips, although I have read that you can use a brush for application. The bottle initially appears small but, as I mentioned above, a couple of drops are sufficient for me.
At the end of the working day, I cannot see that it has moved or faded. I still have a lovely dewy look to my cheeks - I don't have to use highlighter when I wear this!
I purchased the blusher in the shade 'Cherub' and it really is a lovely colour which suits my fair but freckled skin tone.


Overall, I love this item, although I tend to keep to a natural look and for those who wear heavier make-up it might be too subtle for you. It has already become my daytime staple, however I imagine I will keep my Rimmel London cheek tint for those times when I'm looking for heavier evening make up as the Watercolour Blusher is likely to be too subtle in evening light. Although, saying that, I'm usually in a rush when I wake up in the mornings so I've not yet had the time to try building up the colour through several applications. I have heard that the colour is buildable, so I will have to give it a try.
Have you tried the Watercolour Fluid Blusher? If so, what do you think of it? Did you have trouble at first (like me) when applying it due to the watery consistency?



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment