Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo & Conditioner


I have been keen to try Kiehl's hair products for a while, having heard that they are paraben and silicone-free (although apparently not sulphate-free). As such, I was excited to find that Kiehl's have opened a shop in Windsor.

I treated myself to trial bottles of the Amino Acid Shampoo and Conditioner. At £8.50 each for the 75ml bottles, this is an expensive product and it would be more cost effective to buy the larger bottles at £16 for 250ml.

The key ingredients in these products are amino acids, coconut oil  and hydrolysed wheat proteins.

Both the shampoo and conditioner have a lovely coconut fragrance and the following day I could still detect a faint hint of coconut in my tresses.

The shampoo does not lather particularly well, however my hair did feel squeaky clean once rinsed. I was somewhat concerned that this would leave it very dry, however the shampoo seems to be very gentle and did not dry my hair out too much. Just to make sure, I left the conditioner on for a couple of minutes before rinsing, as recommended on the bottle.

Once my hair had dried, it felt super soft and really healthy, with the added bonus that I loved the lingering smell of coconuts.

I am keen to try some of their other products, particularly the Superbly Smoothing Argan Shampoo. containing argan oils.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment