Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Hair & Beauty Review: Silk + Honey - Shea Butter Hair Mask


Photograph from http://www.silkandhoney.co.uk/

I received this item in my June Birchbox and finally got around to trying it last night.

My hair is naturally long, thick and straight, although I admit to quickly running the straighteners through it every morning to ensure any frizz or fly-away bits are under control.

Last night, I used my usual Shampoo (Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo) followed by the Silk Honey Shea Butter hair mask. As it was only a pre-mixed trial tub, there were no detailed instructions for use on it. I therefore decided to apply it to wet hair after shampooing and leave it on for around 5+ minutes before rinsing thoroughly.



I left my hair to dry naturally and it felt dryer than usual whilst drying. I was a bit concerned that I should maybe have used conditioner after the mask, however once dry my hair felt soft and hydrated.  It still feels silky smooth today, after a night's sleep, and has more bounce and volume than usual.

The Silk + Honey website advises that "If you’re looking for a creamy, moisturizing conditioner that answers a range of hair care needs all in one, look no further. This conditioning mask contains rhodiola, an extract from the golden root plant, which increases the strength and elasticity of your hair. Other ingredients include silk protein, honey, shea butter to coat the hair shaft and protect it from dryness, and provitamin B5, which penetrates deep into the hair shaft to nourish the hair from within. This product is also excellent for taming frizzy hair."

I would definitely recommend this product, however I am not sure whether I will use it again after my sample tub runs out as I am usually in a rush and having to make up the hair mask myself does not really appeal to me. In addition, at £55 it is pretty expensive, although the website states that the pack provides enough ingredients to make 5 x 200g/7fl oz pot of conditioner. If I find the item on sale/special offer and the recipe appears quick and straight-forward, I might be tempted to give it a go.

Have you tried this hair mask? What did you think of it? Have you tried mixing the formula yourself? How easy/quick was it to do?

Ginger Cat x

No comments:

Post a Comment