Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Hair & Beauty Review: Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect



Evening all!

I'm a bit of a latecomer to Boots No7 range of skincare products. 

I have used moisturiser daily for a number of years now and, until recently, I would buy whatever moisturiser was on special offer in the supermarket.

Since entering my 30's, I have decided that I need to take more care in selecting a moisturiser suitable for my skin. Hopefully, this extra care will help in my quest to grow old gracefully!

In early January I treated myself to a No7 gift box containing a range of Repair and Protect items - hot cloth cleanser, makeup remover, day cream, night cream and eye cream. At half price it was an absolute bargain!  I also decided to invest in the Protect & Perfect Intense Serum so that I could try using all the products together for maximum effect. 


Whilst I had not tried these products before, I'd heard a lot of good things about them. 

My first impression is how long the products have lasted. I had to replace the serum after 3 months, however the other items are still going 6 months later. I am particularly impressed with how long the day and night creams have lasted when I users them both at least once or twice a day. They are starting to run low and I predict that I will need to replace them within the next two weeks. 

Secondly, my skin has felt lovely and soft since using these products.  

Finally, I am getting to the age where wrinkles will soon be developing and, in fact, I was somewhat worried about one that seemed to be developing on my forehead - a vertical frown line between my brows. I can't say whether that line has reduced at all since using the No7 products  however it certainly hasn't grown any larger. 

My overall verdict is very favourable, except for the cleanser. This is simply not for me. I prefer a facewash style of cleanser and, as such, I will be sticking to my regular cleanser instead. 

I would buy these products again, although I would probably wait until the are on offer as the prices are quite steep. I would also be interested to try more natural products containing less chemicals etc... 

What you think of the No7 range? I would like to hear your thoughts. 

Ginger Cat x


No comments:

Post a Comment