Thursday, 31 July 2014

Hair & Beauty Review: Batiste Dry Shampoo



I'm would be interested to know who out there is a big fan of dry shampoo? I really can't decide whether I like it or not. I have several friends who swear by it and won't go out without a travel sized bottle in their handbags.

I first used dry shampoo at my wedding. My hair is particularly smooth and shiny, so my hairdresser used some dry shampoo to gain a bit more texture and grip whilst pinning my hair up.

I recently decided to give it a try myself. I chose Batiste Dry Shampoo and left my hair for a few days between washes until it was starting to look a bbit limp and slightly greasy at the front.

I am happy to report that the dry shampoo really did seem to work. Whilst my hair did not have the same shine and vitality as with a normal wash with shampoo and conditioner, itwwas  an easy and quick way to give my hair a boost for the day. It masked any greasiness and put a bit of volume back into my lacklustre locks.

The scent of Batiste's dry shampoos are all pleasant, however I kept getting whafts of the fragrance throughout the day which made me slightly self conscious that other women would recognise the smell and know that my hair was unwashed. I think I, personally, wouldpprefer a slightly more subtle smell.

Overall, it really is a good quick fix but I will be saving it for those occasions when I really can't get to a shower.

I am interested to know what you think of dry shampoo. Would you use this regularly instead of a proper hair wash?
Ginger Cat x

No comments:

Post a Comment