Monday, 21 July 2014

Hair & Beauty Review: Barry M Matte Nail Paint



I am lucky to find that, despite being a nail-biter for almost 30 years, now that I have stopped my nails grow quickly and are very strong.

Probably as a result of being unable to for many years, I now love painting my nails and I cannot resist trying a new colour or brand. 

Whilst doing my food shopping today, I picked up a Barry M Matte Nail Paint in Vanilla. I was looking for a neutral colour good for the office and this colour immediately appealed to me. It is a soft grey colour and is extremely matte in appearance. On a side note, the matte-ness of the varnish makes it easy to see when the polish is dry. 



I am still largely undecided about matte nail varnish, however I do love this one! I found that 2 coats of the polish gives good coverage and the colour has not yet chipped, despite me taking a shower. Most polishes last for around 3 days on my nails without chipping, so I will need to wait a few more days to test for durability. 

My overall view is very positive. I love the colour and coverage it provides and I am looking forward to trying some other polishes from Barry M's impressive range. 

Ginger Cat x


Update 24/07/2014 @ 12.46pm - I have now been wearing this polish for 3 days. I applied 2 coats, but no base or top coat. It has been put through daily showers, 1 x hair wash and 2 x washing the dinner pans, yet I can only find one small chip on one nail, otherwise the polish still looks newly applied. I am very impressed with it's durability in comparison to other polishes I have tried ~ Ginger Cat x

No comments:

Post a Comment