Friday, 11 July 2014

Hair & Beauty Review: bareMinerals Customisable Get Started Kit

Afternoon beauties!

I recently got married and, whilst I decided to save money by doing my own makeup, I did treat myself to some new make-up for the day.

I decided to try bareMinerals due to the great reviews that I've seen about their products.

I chose the Customisable Get Started Kit at a cost of approximately £50. The kit included:-


  • bareMinerals Foundation - chosen personalised to what best suited me
  • Prime Time Foundation Primer, size: 15ml
  • Original Mineral Veil Finishing Powder, size: 2g
  • Warmth All-Over Face Colour, size: 1.5g
  • Full Flawless Face Brush
  • Flawless Application Face Brush
  • Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush
  • How-To DVD




  • I tried it on several occasions before the wedding and I was surprised to find that the powder make-up is easy to apply. It also provides good coverage and it seemed to be quite durable on my skin. I found that I did not suffer the same degree of end-of-day shine that I usually do.

    However, I have to say that the foundation was simply not for me and I ended up using my normal liquid foundation on the big day. This may be because I simply wasn't used to using powder foundation. I didn't dislike it and I would wear it again now and again since I own it, however it will not be a regular in my make up bag. I go for the natural look and I found that I did not like the slightly powdery finish that I could sometimes see when using this product. I prefer my make up to blend in naturally. For this same reason, I prefer cream blushers to powder ones. From a distance, the foundation was great, however on close up viewing I could see some powdery-ness on my cheeks and forehead where the foundation sticks to the fine hairs (not that I'm admitting to any ape-like qualities!).

    Despite not really liking the foundation much, I love the Warmth All-Over Face Colour and still use it frequently now. The Warmth All-Over Face Colour is fantastic for contouring and is a natural colour, not too much orange-tone in there.  I tend to use it when I'm doing my face for a special occasion or a night out.



    The primer suits my skin and I have started using that under my normal liquid foundation. I am not sure if it works, however it does make my skin feel nice.

    The brushes are good quality and perfect in size. I use these on a daily basis.

    I know that I'm quite a late-comer to mineral make-up and I would be interested to hear your thoughts on powder foundation v liquid foundation.

    Ginger Cat x

    No comments:

    Post a Comment