Saturday, 28 June 2014

Food & Drink Review: Harry Brompton's Alcoholic Iced Tea




Evening all!

I've always been a fan of iced tea and after hearing about Harry Brompton's alcoholic iced tea, I just had to try it.  I have been looking for it for several months now without success and then finally found it today at the Slug & Lettuce in Portsmouth.

The bottle and the website inform me that it is lightly sparkling, 4% Abv and made with ethically sourced Kenyan Black Tea as well as craft-distilled grain spirit and infused with citrus.




For those concerned about additives, the website confirms that the drink contains no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives and is gluten free.

This is a perfect summer drink. I thought it was delicious enjoy over ice with a wedge of lime (my preference) or lemon.

It is light and refreshing in taste, with a subtle citrus flavour and little hint of any alcohol.

I was even happier when, on our way home, we stopped at Sainsbury and discovered them on sale there for £2 a bottle. My fridge is now fully stocked!

I cannot believe that no one has thought about making an alcoholic iced tea before and I'm very pleased that Martin and Ian O'Donoghue, the father and son team who run Harry Brompton's, came up with this fabulous idea.

There are many ways you can serve it, and Harry Brompton's have kindly provided some cocktail recipes on their website.

Why not give it a try and let me know if you love it as much as I do!

Ginger Cat x

No comments:

Post a Comment