Saturday, 21 June 2014

Hair & Beauty Review: Aveda Colour Conditioner in Madder Root



Good morning my lovelies,

Disaster struck this morning when I discovered that I have ran out of my favourite conditioner! As you will know from my previous posts, I am a natural redhead. I have never dyed my hair (another colour would just look weird with my freckles!!) and I have learned over the years to appreciate my natural colour. However, there is nothing wrong with a little bit of help now and again.

I LOVE this Aveda conditioner to perk up and enhance my natural colour.  I do not use it all the time, I tend to save it for special occasions such as weddings etc... just to add a further hint of vibrancy to my natural colour.

I think I have used this Aveda product for around 10 years and I will continue to use it for as long as I can find it.

I use a normal shampoo first, then the Aveda conditioner, followed by my normal conditioner. Two conditioners may seem like overkill, however I do not find that the Aveda conditioner gives the same softness to my hair.

The Aveda conditioner will be more effective the longer you keep it on. I am impatient, so 15-20 minutes is usually my maximum time.

I can't find a photograph showing my hair from behind, however I think that this side shot (completely untouched) shows the vibrancy that the conditioner adds to my natural colour. It is hard to capture in a photograph as the shininess reflects the light.


This is one of my few staple products that I would truly miss if it were to be discontinued.

Ginger Cat x

No comments:

Post a Comment