Sunday, 22 June 2014

Hair & Beauty Review: MAC lustre lipstick in Freckletone





Evening all,

I have never tried a MAC lipstick before and,  as such, I decided to treat myself to one.

I have heard good reviews recently about the colour 'Velvet Teddy', however when I tried it on the back of my hand it was much darker than I has anticipated. I also discovered that it was a matt lipstick which requires perfectly smooth lips at all times. I prefer my lipstick with a sheen to them.

The MAC assistant picked several nude-toned lipsticks to try and recommended 'Freckletone' which he felt would suit my typical redhead colouring.



I found that I really quite liked this lipstick. I have seen other reviews complaining that it is not visible and I would agree that the colour is very subtle, even when applied more heavily. However, for me, it does provide a visible splash of colour.

The colour itself is nude with an orange/ peachy tone to it. The colour is not one that I have worn before, however I can see that it suits my colouring. It gives a nice sheen to my lips. This is a good daytime lipstick for me.



I purchased this particular item at House of Fraser for £15. Whilst quite pricey for a lipstick, it is still affordable to the majority of the public and I like the range of colours MAC can offer.

I would be interested to hear your opinion of MAC lipsticks. Do you think the price is reasonable? What is your favourite shade?

Ginger Cat x

No comments:

Post a Comment