Thursday, 5 June 2014

Cosmetic Review: Clinique Superbalanced Makeup

Good afternoon all,

As you may have guessed from the name of this blog, I am a natural redhead. Unfortunately, this does come with some problems, not least finding a decent foundation.

My underlying skin tone us very pale (the insides of my wrists virtually glow in the sunshine they're so pale!) yet I am covered in freckles which make my skin look a lot darker than it actually is. This causes difficulties in finding a foundation that is not too dark for my underlying skin tone, yet not too light that my freckles will peek through in an odd way.

After years of trying different brands, I came across Clinique's Superbalanced Makeup in Alabaster (no. 27) and I have been using this product ever since.








This foundation gives good coverage without the feel of a heavy foundation. I will usually mix it with a bit of illuminating moisturiser to keep the coverage very light.

The colour is perfect most of the year, however in the middle of summer I will go without foundation or will lean towards a BB cream instead so as not to hide what little bit of colour I've managed to develop.

Ginger Cat x


No comments:

Post a Comment